Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Tour of Scotland


Earlier this month, we took a brief trip to Scotland. It was wonderful. There are so many things I want to share, but I am going to follow the lead of a friend of mine and tell the story through photos. A picture is worth a thousand words, right? So, enjoy 10,000 words or so on why Scotland was one of the best vacations ever!

We camped (IN A TENT!) across Scotland!




But, look where we were!

And look at the views!




The Highland Games were a highlight!





We looked for Nessie (on our boat tour of Loch Ness)


But we only found this:






The Castles were all beautiful!







But, our American food fix was almost as amazing!








Kilcoyne Family at Edinburgh Castle 2008!

11 comments:

Laura said...

GORGEOUS! Both the scenery and your family! What a great trip!

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! I must say that Papa John's pizza looked good, we don't have that where we live!
So glad y'all had a nice getaway!

Brigitte said...

I've been anxiously awaiting the Scotland pictures. What gorgeous scenery! How fun! Really hope to see you guys at Christmas. Much love, K, B, and G

Claire's Nana said...

Should have known Daniel would find the pizza and Dr. Pepper! Looks like a wonderful time. Wish we were there!

sarah said...

that's too funny. when i was in scotland we were all excited to find american food, too. :) this looks like such an awesome trip! i'm completely jealous.

Courtney Hail said...

Huh....and what friend might that be? Love the pics!

Olivia said...

You guys are so wonderful. Thanks for your comment. I am glad to see that you are doing well dicovering and noticing some of God's beautiful places. Thank you for sharing them with us! I almost feel like I was there too. Maybe someday!

Cheryl Dietz said...

I received a comment on my blog from "claire's Nana" saying that she would be meeting my parents in Houston at a parents of m meeting. So i went to her blog and then to your blog. I then found that you have link to the Von Atzigens (sp). We used to live in Sweetwater and my son was good friends with Keegan and I would scrapbook with Mindy! Small world! I also knew Mentanna many years ago (she was my camp counselor in middle and high school) and we have since seen each other and keep in touch. So the 6 degrees of separation is true I think! We serve in germany by the way. Will you be at the big meeting next Aug./

JASClark said...

Funny how the food is more American in Britain than on the continent.

Seth, Jen, Hannah, Cailyn, and Isaac said...

Looks like it was an awesome trip!

Seth

Chad & Amy said...

Oh my, I hadn't heard about your travels!!!

I have picts of the Stirling Higland Games (and I would have to say the Highland games were a huge hit to me too.) I also have pictures of the Eileen Donan (spelling?) castle. I loved that place. We will have to compare pictures some time:)

Glad you guys were able to get away.