Wednesday, August 09, 2006

"I Love You" in French

If you haven't heard, it looks as if we are going back to France!

I'm sure I will be writing a lot on the subject between now and the end of December, but I wanted to share a short little story.

We are trying to teach Claire some basic French words and phrases. Yes, she is only two, but she can handle it! She is quite the talker--probably because she practices all the time. She even talks in her sleep!

We were practicing, and I asked her, "Claire, do you know how to say, 'I love you' in French?"
She answered, "Yes!"
"You do? Can you say, 'I love you' in French?"
The response--"I lav you in Fench!"

This continued with "Hello in Fench", "Goodbye in Fench", etc., etc.!

I think it really started to hit me that we are going to be starting over again when Claire started saying, "I go Fance!" She even said, "I go Fance now." I guess the transistion time isn't easy even if you're two!

Please continue to pray for us!



Here is a picture of us from my family reunion last weekend.


2 comments:

Mentanna said...

welcome to blogspot. so much better eh? will is just know saying french words with confidence. he understand that we speak two languages. i think that was a big step. now he is eager to learn. keep working with her. you know girls. so much smarter!

Morgan said...

Just wait until you get to France--Claire will be fluent in no time! Aidan has picked up so much Thai in the short time we have been here.

We are praying for you guys!